I always get requests for this dinner as well as the recipe so I thought I'd share. We love this dinner at our house and hope you do to! It's so easy to make. Enjoy!
Recipe for Chicken Divan:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (enough to make it creamy but not soupy)
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp curry powder or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package frozen broccoli (florets or chopped, your choice)
- Cooked white or brown rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch pan or similar casserole dish. Mix mayonnaise, soup, milk, chicken, cheese, curry powder and pepper. Cook broccoli according to package directions. You can either layer the rice in the pan or leave separate; I prefer to layer. In greased pan layer rice (I use about 4 cups), then broccoli, then chicken mixture. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly on top.