Sunday, November 23, 2008

Children

Hannah and mom, and Jaidyn and mom making chocolate milk.


Today I have been reflecting on my children and have truly been humbled to think of how amazing they are and how I have been blessed to have them in my life. I love them so much and love learning from them. It's amazing that Heavenly Father trusted me with such sweet spirits and I really love how much they've affected me. Even though Shaylee is just my niece, I see her has my daughter right now and have learned that the Lord's hands guide the lives of the children for the better. She's an amazing girl with such a sweet spirit radiating from her.

I don't know who knows that's reading this, but in July and October I suffered miscarriages and even though that happened I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us individually and that he doesn't give us more than we can handle. I have faith that one day I can have a baby again when the time is right. This experience has made me so much stronger. I've had some internal struggles lately and just thinking of my children, past and present has now made me realize just how incredible life can be.

I've come up with a new motto for the next while... "Come what may and LOVE IT!" Marc and I have always had the saying between us, "Come what may" thanks to the song in Moulin Rouge (one of my favorite movies by the way) that has boosted me when I've needed it, but I think adding on to it now will be even better.

My sweet niece Shaylee

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Heather- Your kids are beautiful! Jacob has been smiling at me a lot this morning and it makes me understand how you feel. We are so lucky! We have the most important job in the world! I hadn't heard about your miscarriages and I am so sorry. I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with Everett and I know it can be really painful. Hang in there! I went to Camilla's house last night and we looked at the calendar forever trying to figure out when we can meet up for a girl's night and December is INSANE. I don't know if we can find a free weekend that month but we are still trying to figure something out. Camilla or I will call you when we do.