Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

I just have to share my favorite recipe for banana bread since I just made it today. It makes two loaves. Feel free to experiment with add-ins, chocolate chips, nuts... Have fun with it!

6 large ripe bananas- mashed
2 1/3 C sugar
1C (2 sticks) butter softened

4 eggs
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Combine bananas, sugar and butter. Cream until blended. Add eggs and beat until mixed. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended. Spray bread pans and divide mix into both pans. Bake for 1 hour. If you're using darker pans reduce cooking time by 10 min. so you don't over bake it.
This picture just doesn't do it justice, but here you go!

Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

Laura said...

It sounds like a really good recipe and I will have to try it out.

I like to add all sorts of things to my banana bread like pecan nuts and cherries.

If you get chance please check out my banana bread recipe blog for some really good banana bread recipe including tropical banana bread!

Anyway, thanks for the recipe. You should take a few pictures and put them up on the blog!

Thanks
Laura