Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Monster Cookies


This is courtesy of a calendar I have and we loved the cookies... They were really easy to make as well. I also made my cookies a bit smaller than what the recipe calls for so I'd have more.

1 Pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
1 Pouch Betty Croker peanut butter cookie mix
1 1/2 C. quick oats
1 C butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 C M&M's

Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, stir all ingredients except candies until soft dough forms. Stir in candies. On ungreased cookie sheets place about 1/4 cupfuls dough about 3 inches apart. Bake 12-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on cooling rack. Store at room temp. in covered container.

One hint I like to do with my cookies to keep them soft over time is to put a slice of bread inside the container with them. It also works with hard cookies also.

No comments: