Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Thoughts...

Recently I've been in a very thoughtful mood which has made me come to a few realizations...

Marc and I were talking last night about my past and the blessings that came from wrong decisions and I realized just how much Heavenly Father led me through some hard times so I could see the light. This story I'm about to tell is very special to me and if you read you'll know more about me than most do...

When I was 17 I found myself pregnant and not married... I was scared, horrified, humiliated and didn't know what to do. In December of that year...(95), my mom took me to the Forgotten Carols which was held at my high school before it was held in a bigger place. I watched and really enjoyed the presentation... I didn't know what I was in for when the end came and he sang some of his famous songs. One in particular hit me the most... Michale McLean sat at the piano playing the top hand to a song over and over... Then he paused, put his head down, began playing again and said, "there's someone here tonight who is going through a hard time and needs to know their Heavenly Father loves them, and they know who they are." Then he began to sing "Hold On, The Light Will Come". I cried listening to the words and thought to myself how special for that person and what a great song... I walked to the car with my mom wanting to cry and also still feeling happy for that person who had been sung to.
Christmas came and we opened the few gifts under the tree, my mom pulled out one small gift that said, "To Heather, Love Santa." I opened the gift and found Michael McLean's CD inside with the words, "Heather I have a special message for you inside." I opened the CD and with tears in my eyes read the words, "Heather, Hold On, Hold On, the light WILL come eventually. Your Friend, Michael.".
I looked at my mom and cried and cried. I asked my mom if this was her doing, if she had asked him to sign a CD for her and whatnot and she replied no. She began to tell me that one day when she got home from work there was a small package at the front door of our house. She took it inside and waited for Christmas to see what it was. That Christmas day so many years ago I knew without a doubt that my Heavenly Father knew who I was and knew what I needed at that very moment. Michael McLean had listened to inspiration at that moment and had found where I lived so I could know I wasn't alone and that I was loved by more than I knew.
Eventually I placed my little daughter and it was the hardest thing I had ever done to that date, but now I know I did the right thing. She is truly happy and has the perfect mother and father and I don't regret for one moment not having her as mine. The moment I saw her little face in the hospital, the thought hit me she wasn't mine and that she was meant for someone else. I love her and her parents very much. When ever this time of the year comes around I always remember that Christmas so many years ago and the new course my life took so many years ago. I love my Savior very much and am proud of who I have become today. I've done many things I'm not proud of in my life, but I'm proud of what they've helped me become.

Merry Christmas my friends and don't forget what Christmas is all about, our Savior, His life and His sacrifice for us all.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It really helped me remember that the Savior loves us and will find ways to show us when we are in doubt. My sister-in-law placed a baby for adoption and it has brought so many blessings to her life. My testimony has increased so much just from watching her experiences. So many people can be affected positively by your righteous choices. I admire your courage. Thank you for sharing your story!

Shelly and Ben said...

Heather, that's truly amazing. I'm in tears right now. Thanks for reminding me that the light will come, even if our trials aren't so big. Merry Christmas!! I'm glad we got back in touch through facebook and now our blogs.

T + 2 said...

I love you to death Heather, always have. Just thought you should know.

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

Heather. I love you. You are my HERO!
From one mother to another . . . thank you. Thank you for giving someone a chance to mother, love and grow with the little girl you brought into this world.
I don't ever really understand how the Lord does it, but I do know, as do you, He NEVER misses - nothing is too difficult for the Lord and He is one who really never makes a mistake.
What a sweet memory.
Thanks for sharing!
All the love in the world and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!