Monday, October 5, 2009

Poached Salmon!

I made the best dinner tonight! I've been wanting salmon for quite some time since eating at Lamb's Cafe here in Salt Lake so I tried to replicate it and I got the same textured fish with a bit more flavor than theirs. I thought I'd share it with you since it was so easy and wonderful!

Since salmon fillets are on sale at Harmon's 5 for $20 I got quite a deal then came home and diced 1/2 yellow onion while melting 2 TBS butter in my pan. I sauteed the onions for a bit (1-2 min) then added a can of chicken stock. ( I would have used vegetable stock, but I didn't have any) I added some garlic powder to the stock and put the lid on the pan and let the onions cook a bit more in the stock. I cleaned the salmon and then placed it in the pot. After adding the fillets I put just a bit minced garlic in with it since I love garlic with salmon. I put the lid on and let it gently simmer for 12 minutes and viola it was done! So fast and so delicious. Then after removing the salmon I turned up the heat on the pan to a fast boil and let the sauce reduce and then spooned some over the fillets. WOW is all I can say, very tender and flaky as well as very flavorful! I highly recommend you try this as well. I would have taken a picture but I was too excited to eat.

It would be good served with some rice pilaf and asparagus. I hope you try it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds awesome! We always eat salmon with rice pilaf and asparagus too. I can't wait to try this!