Thursday, June 3, 2010

Here we go!

Today I had a CT scan both with contrast and without to find out what the heck is wrong with me. I've had all kinds of ideas thrown at me and I'm wondering if it's diverticulitis or chroan's disease. I'm hoping for the first since it's easier to treat. I'm also hoping for an easy fix instead of something severely life changing. Needless to say I'm hoping for a resolve instead of more and more tests. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Also this week I'm leaving my children and husband and well frankly, everything! I'm heading to Eden, Ut. to go on a self discovery retreat. It's called Captivating and a group of women come together to connect with God and then with ourselves. I am soooo excited to be going and am hoping to come home a new woman, mother and wife. I've really struggled lately with depression and the thoughts and feelings that come with that and I've really felt alone and of no worth to anyone. Of course I know that's not the truth but still it's a very real feeling when I'm in the pit of despair. You should read the book, "Captivating" by Stasi Eldredge.

Well, thanks for your time and here's to a good weekend away!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Heather, I'm so excited for your retreat! We all need a break and a chance to reconnect with ourselves and God.
I am praying for you. Heavenly Father is in control. He is fully aware of what he is doing with each of us. It doesn't make the suffering we go through any easier, but it makes it easier knowing He has a perfect plan.
Love you!

Alicia said...

Heather, I am so sorry for the problems you are facing. I hope that you have some answers soon. I also hope that you find the peace and connections you need at your retreat, I have also struggled with depression and even though you logically know your feelings are wrong, you still feel them. I will keep you in my thought. Take care.

Amanda said...

Heather- I hope you find what you are looking for at your retreat. Have fun!! I hope you find the answers to your health problems soon too. You are not worthless to me! I enjoy your company and opinions. You are a wonderful mom and have so much to offer this world!!

Christine said...

Heather I hope it is OK that I took a peek at your blog. I have soooo much to say to you. I will start with I am glad I met you and I hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as I did!
Christine